Tuesday, December 2, 2008

After the Holidays

The week of Thanksgiving we decided to workout Sunday night and then again Monday afternoon because most of the students were going home for the Thanksgiving weekend.


We were back in full force Monday night and boy did the group seem more energized and looked really good on their lunges and their pull-ups. Some of them told me that this time around seemed alot better to do the exercises. They hurt like before but they had better control and could do all the reps much better than at the beginning. I tell you what, the group looked like a bunch of misfits at the beginning but now they really look good. Their forms are good on some and improving everyday. That is what I like to see. Improvement! Yes, they have made me proud to know each and every one of them.


Now, I don't know about some of you, but pull-ups are my nemesis. I can't do them, okay I can do a couple now, and probably never will be able to do them. I just have to keep trying.


I planned a Circuit today on Tuesday. I had I think 12 stations. Boy! The Extreme group were huffing and puffing by the fifth station. Thanksgiving must have really blew it for some.


We did jacks after each exercise station. We did Lunge jumps, we did soccer taps, we did a step up with weights in which they did a bicep curl, lateral raise, front raise and the an upright row. All while going up, up and down, down. Then they did this squat hop thing, not sure what I call it but it gives the legs a burn. I love it. They did a walk on hands with a glider on their feet, now this exercise really pushed them, it was no joke. You have to keep your core in. We did the run-stance turn on the step and then Burpees. We did this circuit twice. What a workout, and they did awesome. Here is a video.






1 comment:

M. Keith Harris said...

this is a great video and a great blog! And...keep working those pull=ups. When I first started, I couldn't do any (now I do lots)
Later,
Keith